Although young people attending college are now 16+ we still recognise the enormous contribution parents / carers can make in supporting them to achieve their highest potential. While at college we stress the importance of a 3-way partnership between the young person, the college and the parents / carers.
How we keep you informed
- Email, and occasionally sms
- it is important that you supply us with a current email address and mobile number.
- You can access our student portal called Cedar provided we have your correct email address. More information can be found below
- Consultation event
- These are conducted on SchoolCloud, and email invitations sent out close to the events
Cedar – “Add Absence” menu item
Via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 024 7632 8231. Ensure that you leave the reason for the absence, student’s name & your relationship to them
Reporting change of contact details
Cedar – update details
Email email@example.com Please state the student’s name, ID number and date of birth in your communication
Presentation & Digital Booklet
Digital Booklet: A comprehensive and detailed guide to your young person’s college experience, the booklet contains information on everything from college values and safeguarding to courses and college trips.
Parents Information Evening Presentation: Voiced by Stuart Noss (Principal) the video is a recording of the presentation from our parents information evening. The video details our college vision and values, our academic expectations and the 4 branches of support at the heart of the student journey.
Cedar gives you access to the following menu items. Please check the contact details held, and Contact us if they require an update
- My details offers a summary view of the student and their information
- Current Timetable offers a timetable of the student’s classes
- Pastoral Log provides a log of pastoral concerns and commendations.
- Prior Achievements lists the student’s exam history prior to studying at YOUR COLLEGE.
- College Assessment Points displays all reports made at specific progress/assessment points during the student’s time at the college.
- My Attendance displays a summary of attendance for the year with a more detailed breakdown of that week’s marks under Week Grid.
- Absences contains a log of all absences throughout the college year.
- +Absence Entry allows the logging of absences online
- Email Teachers offers an easy way to communicate directly with the student’s teachers.
- Exam Timetable displays any upcoming exams details including date and location
- CAP Exam Timetable displays any upcoming common assessment point exams
- Planning Ahead provides a view of the student individual Learning Plan and notes on any careers specific training at the College.
- Update Details:
- Update Contact Details allows you to submit changes to contact details held by the college.
- Update Medical Details allows you to add any newly discovered information regarding the student’s health or learning needs
- Surveys: Any surveys submitted by College for you to fill in will be found here.
Thursday 17 November 2022
3:30pm – 8:00pm
Saturday 19 November 2022
9:30am – 12:30pm
Wednesday 29 March 2023
5:30pm & 6:30pm
Wednesday 9th November 2022 (Year 13)
Wednesday 18th January 2023 (Year 12)
Telephone: 024 7632 8231